I recently installed an Alpine CDA-9887 head unit in my car. This weekend, I used my KTX-100EQ for the first time (really, first 2 times, I suppose). I believe the head unit is set up properly. The switch on the bottom is set to 2.2Ch. The dash speakers are configured as the Rear speakers and the doors the front. My speakers are as follows:
1) 3.5" coaxial speakers in the dash (these fire upward into the windshield (reflected) AND have some off-axis line-of-site path, as well.
2) 6.5" midbass door speakers (dampened with clay).
3) single 10" subwoofer in small sealed box in the trunk.
These are all drivin with amplifiers. Its all mid-upper range equipment, installed with care.
I was quite disappointed. On the first run, I follwed the instructions to the letter for setting up the front left position...placing mics where requested (all six positions). In addition to the incredibly low amplitude in the lower frequencies (which I anticipated from reading on line). The imaging was terribly vague.
The latter was surprising to me. When tuned by ear following measurements to appoximate, my imaging is virtually spot-on.
I tried again, but rather than moving the microphone to all positions with for of the 6 measurments, I simply moved it left and right within where my head position would be when driving. The frequency response is more pleasing, but the image is solidly to the right...almost in the right passenger position.
I'm hoping beyond hope that I've either done something silly or you can suggest alternative methods. As I am unable to see or adjust what the Audyssey calibration has done, I can't fix it otherwise.
Thank you in advance.